Alexander Graham Bell Skill:The vowel sound /au/ can be spelled with au and aw. The vowel team au is most often used in the beginning or middle of a word. The letters aw are usually used at the end of the word, or followed by k, l, or n.
Skill: The vowel team ea can stand for the short e sound as in bread. When reading a word with ea, first try the long e sound, then the short e sound. The context of the sentence will also help a reader with the sound of the word.
awesome awful awning brawl caw crawl
Sentences: 1. The pup hurt its paw playing on the lawn. 2. It is fun to crawl through the straw maze.
3. We read bout a hawk in science class. 4. Does your jaw open wide when you yawn?
5. A straw hat keeps out the sun. 6. It is time to cut the lawn.
7. Stealing is against the law. 8. You can cut the log with a saw.
9. My dog can shake with his paw. 10. The mouse hid from the hawk.
11. Can you draw with a pen? 12. I yawn when I am sleepy.
13. Your jaw is part of your face. 14. My cat likes to crawl under the bed.
15. I cannot see through the dirty window. 16. What do you like about science class?
Alexander Graham Bell