12. The work of __________ exemplifies Action Painting.
d. Mark Rothko
Title: AE-genral style-Pollock
13. Autumn Rhythm by Jackson Pollock exemplifies one aspect of Abstract Expressionism, a unique style of painting that developed in New York City in the years following World War II. The two stylistic components of Abstract Expressionism are known as:
19. How does the spectator participate in Jackson Pollock's drip paintings?
20. The source(s) for Pollock's Abstract Expressionist art include
a. Indian sand painting
b. Surrealist psychic automatism
c. the work of Francis Bacon
*d. both a and b
Title: AE- Pollock
21. Discuss the role of Jackson Pollock as an artistic innovator during, the 1940's. Include in your essay a discussion of technique, materials, style, and subject matter. Did Clement Greenberg's view of art influence Pollock's innovations"
Title: Jackson Pollock painting
22. Attribute the images on the screen to an artist and a stylistic grouping. Give the reasons for your attributions, using complete sentences and referring to specific works that you know.
23. Describe the way Jackson Pollock created his "gestural" Abstract Expressionist pieces.
24. An important Abstract Expressionist was
25. Describe the function of Barnett Newman's "zips."
26. The painter who divided his single color fields with bands he called "zips" was